We’ve all been there, done that, got the t-shirt. We’ve all asked how exactly do I moisturize my hair and stop it from turning against me?!
Relax. We’re here to help!
How much do you know about how to moisturize natural hair?
First of all, if your hair type is anything in the type 4 range, your hair might be low porosity. Low porosity means your hair does not absorb moisture easily, because your hair cuticles are open.
Good news is *drum roll please* you can help. Here’s how.
First, you wanna spray your hair with our daily spritzer. It contains all the oils you need to refresh and moisturize like a boss. Essential oils like peppermint and teatree oil make you feel like the goddess you are, aaand stimulates growth and a healthy scalp.
Spray Your Hair and Massage Your Scalp
1. Spray: Spray your roots and ends with your favourite spritzer.
2. Tip your head forward and work that magic into your scalp with your fingers.
3. Massage your scalp for up to 5 minutes with your fingertips- doesn’t that feel good? This also stimulates blood circulation for hair growth. Two birds with one stone, huh?
4. Now, you’re gonna wanna repeat this in the morning an evenings.
5. If your natural hair is out, seal your hair with shea butter or with a light oil like avocado or Jojoba oil.
Moisturize and Clarify with Shampoo
With low porosity hair, your strands get clogged super quickly and need to breathe once in a while. A good moisturizing and clarifying shampoo will moisturise your hair, but not strip it of its natural oils. Make sure you wash your hair with cold water to close the cuticles.
So there you have it, that’s how to moisturize dry natural hair. Easy, right?
Ladies, are you struggling with this heat like we are? How do you moisturize? Tell us below.