Black girl magic is real ya’ll, and so is natural hair shrinkage. Here’s the proof!
1. If you don’t already know, shrinkage is when your afro hair absorbs moisture and…
2. … shrinks. Like, really shrinks. The tighter your curls or hair type, the more shrinkage you’ll experience.
3. This can sometimes be frustrating. Like, when the air is humid and your stretched hair reverts to its original curly goodness.
4. Because your hair seems much shorter than it actually is, sometimes people will ask you if you cut your hair.
Don’t be fooled. Stay woke.
5. Because ya’ll ain’t ready for what happens when you stretch it out.
6. It’s pure magic unleashed. Natural magic like you’ve never seen before!
7. Some say shrinkage is life (we agree!)
8. Some are born with this supernatural superpower bestowed on us by the natural hair gods.
Can this cutie get a couple of amens?
9. Our hair that defies gravity.
10. Hair that can do whatever it wants, whenever it wants.
11. All the proof you need that black girl magic is real.
Natural hair shrinkage is the 8th Wonder of the World (or at least should be!).
Which one is your favourite?
What the heck is low porosity hair and why is everyone talking about it?
7 Reasons Why Your Hair is Breaking and How to Stop It
5 Super Easy Tips To Grow Longer Hair
From Boss to Badass: 11 Box Braid Hairstyles You Can Try Today
Everything You Need To Know About the African-Inspired Black Panther Looks
I’ve Been Natural For 6 Years: Here's the Big Lesson I Learned
Super Naturals: We Found the Easiest Skincare Routine for Sensitive Skin
Super Naturals: How To Get Glowing Skin on a Budget