Fulani braids have been trending for the last 2 seasons, and they’re still going strong! If you want to gove your natural hair a break, these are a great protective style.
The Fula are the largest Ethnic group in West Africa, with the largest group based in Nigeria, Guinea and Mali. As with many African tribes, hair is an expression of cultural identity and an extension of personality.
1. These bad-ass braids with braidcuffs that are just casually slaying.
2. Yaaas! Did someone say sleek, and simple?
3. Who can argue with this Afropunk meets royalty look. It’s a moment!
4. Hey, that doesn’t mean we’re over box braids or singles. Fam, get in line. There’s enough for everyone (Isn’t that right? @PatriciaBright!)
5. Can we please talk about Fulani braids with a dash of colour because we like being extra?
6. Fulani braids are perfect for every occasion, like this incredibly sleek look that has us in that 90s RnB mood…
7. Or this Fulani twist, blessed with all the beads from all the marketplaces.
8. If you’re not feeling that, then how about this queenly crown? All the yeses!
You can switch the yellow for these clear beads which is a thing!
9. Or you can keep it short and simple like this Fulani-inspired bob. Yaaaas! I stan a queeen!
How can you not be crushing on this gorgeous braided halo, halo, halo!
10. It’s always great to shake things up a little, trend or no trend. Express yourself. With beads, with colour, with everything. We are ready to slay!
Recommended for you:
Which look would you try? Leave a comment below!